Assessment Grievance Deadline Approaching

In many towns in New York State, Grievance Day is scheduled for the fourth Tuesday in May. This year, Grievance Day is May 26th. If you feel that your assessment is incorrect, you can contest it. The first step is to file a complaint. The NYS Office of Real Property Services has published detailed procedures on What to Do if You Disagree With Your Assessment. Call your local assessor to confirm dates, times and locations or to receive assistance in filing your complaint.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: