Breaking all time high temperatures yesterday in Rochester NY is a sure tell sign that Spring is here and it is here to stay! The next few weeks are the crucial time to get your home ready for Spring. Tackling any repairs, or damage now will save you lots of time this coming Spring and Summer. Here is a checklist for the main target areas around the exterior of your home. For each target area we have a Nothnagle Home Services vendor that can help you take care of any problems you may encounter!
- Did you have time to clean your gutters before winter hit or has it been a year since you took a peek up there? Make sure your gutters are free of debris and damage. Improper drainage can lead to water damage in various areas of your home.
Penfield Window Cleaning specializes in gutter cleaning, power washing, and window cleaning.
- Examine the Exterior of your chimney for signs of damage. Have your flue cleaned and inspected.
Mi-Kar Construction, INC specializes in chimney cleaning, inspection, and repair.
- Have a qualified heating and cooling contractor clean and service the outside air-conditioning unit. Making sure everything is working well and ready for the first use. If you wait until the first heat to check your unit out chances may be if something goes wrong, you will be stuck waiting in a long line for a repair man.
Visit Nothnagle.com for a full list of HVAC vendors available through our program.
- Check your yard for any low areas. These areas around your foundation should be filled in. Spring rain may cause flooding in and around your yard, which can lead to water damage in your home.
Visit Nothnagle.com for a full list of lawn & landscaping businesses.
- Take the time to examine your roof closely for any shingles lost during the winter. The summer heat can really damage roof shingles. If you have an older roof, now may be the time to start a budget for a new roof.
Nothnagle Home Services has a number of trusted vendors that specialize in Roof repair and installation, View the list here
- The winter weather can do quite a bit of damage to a wooden deck. Power wash your deck to prepare it for a re-paint or re-stain. Doing so in the spring is much more enjoyable then waiting until the summer to do so under the hot sun.
There are a number of Home Services vendors that specialize in deck cleaning/staining and repair. Check them out here
- Inspect the exterior of your home for any damage to the siding. The winter can damage siding very easily with the high winds, rain and snow. Make sure to tackle any repairs if needed as soon as possible.
For a list of siding installation and repair options visit the Nothnagle Home Services website here
Spring is only 8 days away, it has crept up on us fast! Being prepared with a list of to-do’s is the best thing you can do for yourself to prepare for a relaxing summer ahead!
Visit the Nothnagle Home Services page for a full list of vendors and services offered for both outside and inside your home.